The Innovative (Design) Thinking Leader
The Innovative Leadership Model
Utilizing Proven Tools that Make a Difference
Led by James P. (Pat) Carlisle
Innovative leadership is an essential factor to the success of every organization... Being a leader (an innovative thinking leader), teaching others to be leaders, and modeling the way as a leader is critical if teams and organizations are to thrive. Research consistently and repeatedly shows where leadership is present in an organization positive change happens; personal, team and organizational success occurs. Without effective leadership,
individuals, teams and organizations flounder. Without innovative design thinking
we simply repeat the 'same old same old' again and again even as we try harder...
Rethink and reframe the way you think about being a leader and doing leadership. Utilizing the proven and powerful de Bono thinking methods, we have coupled productivity, effectiveness, creativity and innovative design thinking with leadership.
Grounded in Edward de Bono's new thinking methods, and built on The de Bono Group's framework of an integrated innovative thinking/leading paradigm, we are pleased to announce a new program which provides an unparalleled and unmatched set of four tools for operationalizing effective, new thinking innovative leadership.
Here are the four tools you will learn to use and reference as you lead your people and teams.
- A successful leadership model based on the work of James Kouzes and Barry Posner researched and written about in five editions of The Leadership Challenge- a powerful model exemplifying five key leadership behaviors: Challenging the Process, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Modeling the Way and Encouraging the Heart. Click here to download a sample The Leadership Challenge Report. Note: While we are using the Posner and Kouzes leadership model, we have found that other leadership models (Blanchard, Covey et al) fit and work well within The de Bono Group's New Thinking Leader™ framework.
- A powerful thinking tool set, Six Thinking Hats, developed by Edward de Bono, MD, Ph.D. and used succsessfully worldwide in a variety of corporate organizational and agency settings, is a key ingredient in the innovative, design thinking framework. For a more detailed description of Six Thinking Hats Six Thinking Hats click here.
- The Leadership Coaching Report, based on the 16PF Personality Test (Trait Factor Theory) developed by Raymond Cattell. Click here to download a sample Leadership Coaching Report.
- The Lateral Thinking tools, another of Dr. de Bono's methods, is a powerful methodology designed to foster creativity on demand. Four key tools: Focus, Random Entry, the Alternative Triangle and Challenge; another essential tool set for innovative design thinking. Click here for a more detailed description of Lateral Thinking.
This is a powerful and proven foursome of methods and tools; three behaviorally based (Six Thinking Hats, Lateral Thinking & the Leadership Practices Inventory) and one personality/insight focused (the Leadership Coaching Report) in order to increase your self awareness to reinforce more intentional use of self.
Program materials and reports:
You will have the following to use and work with during and on completion of the program: a certified Six Thinking Hats short course manual with accessories and a certified Lateral Thinking short course manual.
Key Benefits and what you will take away:
- Practical experience, coaching and instruction on how to make a difference and use the Innovative Thinking Leader Model in your organization.
- Build on and further develop your skill set as a new thinking innovative leader.
- Leadership behavioral awareness and insight on how you see yourself as well as how others experience you.
- Be able to lead a creative and collaborative innovative thinking process with your teams.
- New knowledge and insight on how particular personality traits can be enablers or inhibitors in relation to your role as an innovative thinking leader
- Experience and learn how the parallel thinking method, Six Thinking Hats, and Lateral Thinking powerfully and positively interacts with the Posner and Kouzes Leadership Challenge model.
- Gain insight and new understanding on the complementary nature of the four tools, Six Thinking Hats, Lateral Thinking, The Five Exemplary Leadership Behaviors and your 16PF Personality trait scores and how the tools productively overlap and integrate.
- An Innovative Thinking Leader™ Action Plan for your ongoing development.
Who Should Participate: High Potentials, Line managers, Innovation managers and group leaders, middle and senior managers, OD and training professionals; anyone interested in developing effective personal, team or organizational innovative leadership.
Program materials and reports: You will have the following to use and work with during and on completion of the program: a certified Six Thinking Hats short course manual with accessories, a certified Lateral Thinking short course manual, your own Leadership Practices Inventory assessment as well as a copy of the book, The Leadership Challenge, your own Leadership Coaching Report based on the 16PF and a PowerPoint copy of the New Thinking Innovative Leader™ model developed by James P. (Pat) Carlisle.
Program Leadership: Led by James P. (Pat) Carlisle, President of The de Bono Group, LLC, highly experienced in the use of all four of the tools, he will lead you through a three-day integrated process of self-discovery via the Leadership Coaching Report, self-assessment via the Leadership Practices Inventory developed by Posner and Kouzes and the skill development and utilization experienced via the parallel thinking tools of Six Thinking Hats and the innovative design tools of Lateral Thinking. You will see and gain new insight on how these powerful processes will be integrated into your work and personal life….and you will develop your own blueprint for further strengthening yourself as an Innovative Thinking Leader™.
This program will be offered on our public schedule and can be delivered internally.
Please contact James P. (Pat) Carlise at The de Bono Group, LLC for further information and pricing. Call 717-299-5811 or email email@example.com.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the 888 number below.